1. Complete our Enrolment form. If you need help with your enrolment or visa application, you may choose to work with one of IELI’s agents. You can find an education agent in your country here.
    Please include scanned copies of the following documents when submitting the enrolment form:
    – Passport
    – English test results*
    – Current Australian visa if applying from on-shore (inside Australia)
    *IELI can recommend a course length for your English course if English test results are provided. Receiving a course length recommendation is particularly useful for students who plan on studying at a university or VET provider after their English course. IELI accepts the following high-stakes English tests: the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), and PTE (Pearson Test of English Academic). IELI has also partnered with Duolingo so also recommends course lengths based on the Duolingo English Test. If IELI has purchased a test coupon code for you, please follow this link for instructions.
  2. Complete a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Assessment form if requested to do so by IELI Admissions.
  3. IELI Admissions will send you a Letter of Offer with the details of your course.
  4. If you are applying for a Student visa, you will need to organise Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). If you would like IELI to arrange OSHC for you with its partner BUPA, then please request this on the enrolment form.
  5. To confirm your place in the course, you need to:
    5.1. accept the Terms and Conditions on your Letter of Offer by signing it and sending a scanned copy of the full document to IELI Admissions at ieliadmissions@flinders.edu.au.
    5.2. pay the initial payment instalment. Please follow the payment instructions and payment amounts outlined on your Letter of Offer. Payment options can also be viewed on our website.
    5.3. send evidence of an OSHC policy if required.
    5.4. send valid English Test results if these have not yet been submitted to IELI Admissions. If you do not have English test results, then please take the Duolingo English Test.
  6. IELI will then send you an IELI Letter of Confirmation, which provides confirmation of your enrolment dates, information about your orientation session and instructions of how to register on the IELI Student Portal. If you are applying for a Student visa, then IELI will also send you a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).

You can find information about student visas at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/study. This site also explains the rules for studying for short periods on other visa types.